Monday, August 9, 2010

My Family Makes Me Happy (when they aren't driving me nuts)!

My brother has been "hosting" a beach vacation in Ocean City, NJ each summer for quite a few years now. This year Dave and I decided it has been too long since we were part of the riff-raff.

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older....but each time I see my family, I enjoy the time with them more and more. This visit flew by and we came home saying "wow, we really need to see our families more". My nieces grow "cooler" each year and it was neat to watch Dave and Jake bond over baseball (and soccer... GO SPAIN!).

We spent time on the beach, went to the Cape May Zoo, rode a 6 seater surrey, played a mean game of boys against girls Pictionary, and of course cruised the boardwalk more than once.

Dave and I headed to Danville, PA with my sister, Emily and Jake on Tuesday. We were able to check out their new home (almost completed!) and get some good sisterly bonding time too.

Wednesday we headed to Grindstone Island, 1000 Islands, NY for some much needed quality time and R&R with (beautifully pregnant) Mimi and Brian.
We were even lucky enough to have a delayed flight in Dallas, giving us just enough time catch breakfast and get some hugs from Dad and Patty before heading back to Albuquerque.

Sorry to all of our friends on the east coast that we weren't able to see during this trip :o(
We had to have the awful discussion of prioritization of family vs. friends.... We are missing so many of you and have yet to see all of the newborns (now turning 1 yr old plus!), pregnant mamas and new puppies. There's just never enough time in 1 week vacation. Hope to visit with all of you soon.

1 comment:

The Schaefers Go To Hawaii said...

Ahh I feel you there. It's crazy how strong the pull is to see family every year. I think that's standard for all of us. Glad you had some fun, looks like it was a great trip!