While Dave was away living up the first few weeks of summer vacation, I finished the Gallup Triathlon with Patricia. I wish I could say she twisted my arm to do it, but I admit, I willingly get myself into these things. It was a small sprint triathlon - about 100 competitors, 375 yard pool swim (15 laps), 20K (12.4mi) bike and 5K (3.1mi) run.
Check out the overall results here and age group results here. Even though there were a small number of competitors, coming in 1st in my age group, 5th overall female and 20th overall competitor was still really cool!!! Congrats to Patricia who, battling a nasty head cold, found the motivation to complete the event 4th in her age group, 11th overall female and 33rd over all competitor. Had she been feeling good, I'm sure she would have whipped my butt!!!
Although after Iron Horse and Gallup Tri, I would love a break from training... the Imogene Pass Run is a mere 9 weeks away. Dave has become well versed in the early morning roll of the "get out of bed and go for a run and stop hitting snooze already" motivator! The most exciting thing about the run this year? My father-in-law will be running with me!!! (keep your fingers crossed he gets a race registration transfer since the race is already full)
2 comments:
Congrats Julie! That fabulous... I'm doing the Danskin sprint on July 25th my first...somewhat nervous, but I remember when you and Tanya did it and loved it.
WAY TO GO JULIE!!! I completed a triathlon recently too! I took a Muni trolly 10 stops, BART commuter train 8 stops and walked five flights of stairs to work. I came in 347,921 overall, but 109,228 for my age group! I hope to do better tomorrow when the conditions are in my favor (lots of people call in sick on Fridays). Much love to you both! say hey to the pooches ...steve0
Post a Comment