Wednesday, April 23, 2008

the first of many


For over a year now I have been swearing off blogs for one reason or another. I do have to admit though that over the past few months I have become somewhat addicted to my friends Patricia and Ryan's blog. I'm not the best about keeping in touch with family and friends and figured I would give this a shot!

Where to start? It seems there are too many things to tell about the past 7 months of life in Chinle. So, let's start here and now instead! This past weekend 2 friends from Boston visited with 5 BAA students on a community service trip to the Grand Canyon. Friday night and Saturday brought them to the Rez. I think we heard the question "what do people do for fun out here" more than a few times!



Sunday a friend I met a few weeks ago (who lives on the rez in Tuba City, AZ) brought her daughter and Mom to visit. We hiked the White House trail to the bottom of the canyon and then had a nice afternoon cookout (courtesy of Dave's awesome grillin' skills).



Tuesday in celebration of Earth Day, the Chinle High School Environmental Group sponsored a 5K run. The event was a success despite the small turn out of runners (which helped me to win 1st in my age group and 3rd overall female!!) and money was raised to put more trash receptacles around the high school campus. One outstanding runner even picked up litter on the course (GO PATRICIA!!!!). HAPPY Belated EARTH DAY! Do something GREEN every day!








1 comment:

Patricia said...

YAY!!! Now I can comment!

Welcome to the blog world! I'll be checking back for updates.